Connected Annapolis Enrollment Form
Thank you for your interest in the Connected Home and Small Business Demonstration.
Please fill out the form below and a representative will contact you shortly
Program Rules and Customer Agreement
- Open to BGE metered residences, businesses and organizations within Annapolis, MD, regardless of rate class or kW usage
- You or your business have been in the same location since March 2018
- Responsible for paying electric bill and managing energy use
- Home must be individually metered with a BGE smart meter
- Must have Internet at your location
- Plan to be the occupant of your home or business for the next 12 months
This program is available on a first come first serve basis.
No Cost Technology, Installation and Support:
- Participants can keep the technology provided to them, with the exception of the smart thermostat, on the condition that they activate their hub within the first 14 days of the program. If customers do not activate their Hub, BGE reserves the right to ask for the technology back and will send a prepaid packing label for return of the equipment. The smart thermostat will remain in the Obery Court residence after the participant moves out.
- This Agreement commences on March 1, 2020, and, unless otherwise terminated in accordance with this Agreement, continues in effect until the end of the Demonstration Period, which will be designated by BGE and communicated to customers of the Demonstration. Participants may keep the technology provided to them, both the hardware and the Connected Annapolis app, after the completion of the Demonstration; however, continued support may no longer continue. Customers will receive options for continued support at the completion of the Demonstration. BGE is not responsible for any hardware, devices, or technology, impacts of that technology, or in-person support after the period of the Demonstration.
- The Connected Home and Small Business Demonstration is entirely voluntary. Customers who sign up to participate understand that this program will analyze their data use prior to and during the period with which they will be using connected technologies. No personal information will be shared around their data use.
- Customers may choose to exit the Demonstration at any time. Devices can be removed by BGE at the customer’s convenience.
- By submitting your application to the program, and by your participation in the program, you (“customer”) agree to the terms of this participation agreement. If you do not agree with these terms, please contact the BGE Connected Annapolis team to request that your name be removed from the “connected home and small business demonstration” before any equipment is installed. If you do not agree to these terms after the equipment has been installed, please contact the BGE Connected Annapolis team to have your equipment removed.
- BGE (or its Contractor) will install a programmable thermostat and help set up devices inside Customer’s facility. Customer must be present during the installation and may advise the installer as to where the device is to be placed. Installer will accommodate Customer’s request so long as the desired location will provide required functionality. Customer agrees that, if the programmable thermostat is to be installed in Customer’s facility, Customer will need to make an appointment and have the appropriate business representative present for the installation. BGE (or its contractor) will be responsible for properly disposing of the old thermostat(s), if necessary.
- Customer agrees to participate in the Demonstration for a minimum of 12 months.
- BGE will not be liable to Customer or to any third party for any losses or damages, including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, and personal injuries (including death), including, without limitation, any damage resulting from or arising out of Customer’s participation in this Program.
- Customer understands that BGE assumes no responsibility for and shall have no responsibility for the condition or repair of Customer’s central air conditioner or other equipment. Customer understands that Customer is responsible for the repair and maintenance of Customer’s equipment.
- The program and equipment are provided by BGE “as is.” Customer understands and acknowledges that BGE makes no representations or warranties about the equipment or program, including without limitation, all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. All warranties are disclaimed by BGE to the fullest extent permitted by the law. Device warranties are limited to those, if any, provided by the manufacturer.
- Customer agrees to hold harmless, defend, and indemnify BGE, its contractors, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees, from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your improper use of the Equipment or Program, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, BGE will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit, or action.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Customer and BGE. No undertaking, representation, or warranty made by any agent or representative of BGE in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance, or removal of BGE’s services or Equipment shall be binding on BGE except as expressly included herein.
- Customer understands that BGE reserves the right to modify the terms of the Connected Home and Small Business Demonstration. Customer will receive notice of such Program modification. Customer’s continued participation in the Program following notice of such change shall be considered acceptance of such modification.
- BGE may assign or delegate any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third-party organizations. Customer’s rights may not be assigned or transferred without BGE’s written consent.
- The above provisions regarding events beyond BGE’s control, warranties, disclaimers of warranty and liability, and termination will survive the termination of this Agreement. Failure to insist on strict performance of the terms will not operate as a waiver of any subsequent default or failure of performance. If any part of the above is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed ineffective and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in effect. No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between Customer and BGE as a result of this Agreement.